Monday, March 17, 2014

With Any Luck

I'm lucky to have a class as good as mine.

One thing that I will go over with them tomorrow, but that I ran out of time for today, is the kids' Latin root for this week's Spelling Test. This week, our root is port-, which means to carry. Modern examples include transport, portfolio, import, porter, and portable.

We graded GCL's today, finished our "Levels of Importance" papers, learned a bit about adverbs, did a quick-write in our journals, got a little more Science in, wrote our thoughts in a "reconstructive history what-if" paper on King George III, and finally in Math, we learned all about reflections on the y and x axes. Oh, and right before lunch, we filled out our NCAA brackets.

I also sent home not only the study link 9.3, but also a much-needed review page regarding adding fractions. I told the kids I would give them one of those "for the foreseeable future". Four problems isn't too much, though.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Madi Norris Texas Ranger said...

Hey Mr . carter can you send my homework home with my sister Kennedy Nelson in 3-3? I am going to stay home today! Thanks!

Madi Norris Texas Ranger said...

Oh yeah and can you send my vocab journal home (its in a old green take home folder) and my green reading book, my science notebook (a note what to study), and anything else that I can use for studding any of the tests. Thanks again!

german squid said...

squid will ....