Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Apologies

Today I was handed a paper for ISTEP testing with which I was supposed to check off everyone's middle names and birthdates. It was then that I realized that I had skipped a birthday posting during our Winter Break/Snowpocolypse Extension. For this, I profoundly apologize. To his credit, he didn't mention it until I realized it.



It was the birthday of Mr. Reed. Reed is what I would call a natural leader. People listen any time he talks. When he doesn't talk, everyone is watching whatever he does. The girls all laugh (who doesn't love a natural leader?--and we all know how girls express their infatuation). He got the most votes by far in the election for Student Council.

But those are just the superficial things that make Reed an awesome guy. The best is that he always wants to do what's right. He's a stand-up young man. He deserves to feel proud of who he is.

I remember when I first met Reed. He came to me at the Ice Cream Social (wasn't that just last month?), shook my hand, looked my in the eye, and said, "I'm really really excited about this year, Mr. Carter. I'm so glad I got you for my teacher."

It really doesn't take much more than that to win me over.

Happy Birthday, Reed. Two and a half months later.

No comments: