Thursday, March 13, 2014

From Here In My Cocoon

ISTEP is over, and it wasn't that big a deal. I think the kids found the Social Studies portion of the test to be much easier than they had anticipated. They all finished with time to spare.

After that, we read about some athletes who set the bar in their respective fields (everything from baseball to mountain climbing), did some work with adverbs, more with idioms, and last but not least, some Science. The kids made some "remote target transports" that turned out pretty neat. A few of the groups need a little more work on theirs. I took video of the finished ones on my phone, along with the kids' explanations. Maybe one of the kids can show their Amish teacher how to take it from my phone and put it onto the blog.

Lastly, I want to apologize that my classroom phone is broken and our email has been down all day. I need to make some phone calls to some of you and return some emails (and make some emails), but I won't be able to email until I get home tonight, and I'll try to make the calls tomorrow from another classroom.

Hope all is well in your world. Enjoy your Thursday night.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I've enjoyed tonight :)

Jeff said...

Great to know, Matthew! It was fantastic to see you the other night and it's awesome to know that you're still keeping up with your 5-1 family on Mr. Carter's Dojo. Keep fighting the good fight out there, brother!

Luke Belcher said...

Are you going to be at the woodbrook carnival?

Jeff said...

Yep. I'll be selling tickets.

Anonymous said...

squid

dearth vater said...

Luke i am your father