Monday, March 18, 2013

Self Control for Life's Speed

Hey there. First off, I want to apologize for the fact that I will not be here tomorrow afternoon, Thursday afternoon, or next Wednesday afternoon. I am not in control of any of these decisions, I am not in trouble, nor am I sick. I just have meetings to attend, and I wish I could tell you that this was the end of them. This mainly affects my Math class, but that's more than enough effect on my classroom.

Homework tonight is in their assignment notebooks. Here's a copy of the spelling list if you need it (although they all swore they had them in their backpacks).

comfortable
dependable
dreadful
joyless
powerful
priceless
stressful
useless
valuable
youthful
reckless
suitable

Last week's spelling list was just as difficult if not more so, and the spelling tests showed it. Keep in mind that if I'm following Rigby to the letter, I should give the kids 20 spelling words a week, but instead I give them twelve. It may take a little more studying at home on these words on Wednesday and Thursday night at least.

Today we didn't have specials, but it wasn't that bad. We had more room to let our lessons breathe this morning, and I was able to spend a little extra time reading to the class.

Okay, that's my rant and rave for today. Have a great evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mr carter from the past
p.s the subs name is mrs jonson
-AINSLEY

Jeff said...

Ah! I may have to get her again. Despite some criticisms...

Anonymous said...

no thank you were good
ainsley wright