Thursday, March 7, 2013

American Heritage and Others

Expect the kids to come home with a quiz for you regarding their heritage tonight. It became clear during Social Studies today that the kids needed something a little different than the plain old red Social Studies book for a short while, at least. I think they were a little surprised by how little or how much their friends knew about their heritage. Should spark some fun conversations, I hope.

Mr. Warriner played a game of Jeopardy with a very competitive fifth grade class today. They reviewed vocabulary, Caesar's English roots, and some grammar. There was also some Mr. Warriner trivia thrown in for fun. We also read all about curling, the Olympic sport. It's actually a little more interesting than you might think.

Tomorrow my Math class will be having a short five-point quiz over simplifying fractions.

3 comments:

Kate said...

What was the name of the book with the quiz about our parents?

Jeff said...

It's called "My Backyard History Book". Have to admit I was pretty disappointed by how many people didn't take the assignment seriously. But I was really happy with those of you who did. Thanks, Kate!

Matthew said...

Does anyone other than Luke and I watch Dr. Who?