Sunday, November 4, 2012

Yes It's Time to Rock This Show

This Friday: The Veterans Day program! It's at 9am. I'm still trying to talk some kids into doing speaking parts. I'm still trying to work out with Mrs. Ratner who is doing what, what the fourth graders are doing, and how it's all going to work. To say that I'm having some anxiety right now would be a mild understatement. Anyway, tomorrow we're writing invitations for this thing, so hopefully we'll have some veterans out there coming in to see our program in honor of them.

I tell the kids that this is not for their own glory; this is all about the vets. This is to show our respect for everything they've done.

This week, we'll also begin our lessons for Biztown, including having our Biztown elections. I didn't give the kids their "intent to run" forms on Friday, but tomorrow I will be giving them these forms. These are if they intend to run for office of Biztown mayor, lawyer, and deejay.

Yes, you read that last one correctly. As much as it has always humiliated me that we have an election for the two deejays of Biztown, it is such a popular thing to go for that we need to have it be chosen by the students. The music always comes from Radio Disney anyway, so it's not like we can have a student who is knowledgeable in the ways of early 90's grunge who can turn the students onto a whole new level of music than what they listen to, who will be able to enlighten the Bieber/Gaga masses anyway. So we might as well go with the ones who prefer "Call Me Maybe" over anything with any actual substance. (Sorry. Can you tell I'm a music snob?)

This Friday we will, in addition to our Vet's Day Program, have a spelling test (sorry, if I had the words right now I'd go ahead and post them) and the States and Capitals quiz.

We will also be doing things like writing letters to thank our veterans and writing poems on America this week. It's that kind of season right now. Okay, at least this week.

I will be contacting some of you this week to try to get some parent/teacher conferences in. Remember back at Meet the Teacher Night when I said that I would start that in October? 

And can you believe that in less than three weeks it's Thanksgiving? Let's make it an amazing (albeit busy) November, people!

No comments: