Sunday, November 11, 2012

Last Friday in America

Thank you to everyone, parents and especially veterans, who came out to the Veterans Day program on Friday. I was so happy with how well the kids did with their lines and how well they honored the veterans that morning. Thank you to friend of 5-1 and Woodbrook Lieutenant Colonel Todd Spencer for greeting the veterans and reprising his role as our featured speaker. Thank you to Mrs. Ratner and the entire fourth grade, who performed all of the songs in the program. On 5-1's end, the kids got up there and spoke clearly into the microphone for all of Woodbrook and the extended community of Carmel and its veterans to hear. These speakers were Bobby C., Zavion R., Colin F., Luke B., Hannah C., Ainsley W., Paige O., Isabella W., Cody P., Kate K., Kavya H., Marta W., Ruby S., and Mark M. A big thank you goes out to Amaya K. for being the sound producer for the vocal performances. You all made me so proud, and better yet, the veterans felt honored by your words. Thanks also to our flag holders: Harry Z., Zach B., Gressa C., Griffin E., Abbey F., Nick K., Blake M., Jake P., Will P., Matthew P., Guinee R., Thomas R., Angie S., Caden W., and Grant M. Thank you to Mr. Jay Vahle, who sang us out with America. Last but not least, thank you to the holder of the giant flag, Evan N., a fourth grader from Mrs. Shearman's class and Nurse Barb's son. I'm hoping he'll be able to reprise that role next year. Colonel Spencer came back to the classroom and answered question for close to an hour, and I was pretty impressed with most of the questions they asked.

All in all, it was a great way to start our Friday off--a Friday that was pretty unusual in many ways, but none of them bad. Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

I'll post pictures here if anyone took any from the other day. E-mail them to me and I'll stick them on here. I was kind of stuck in my little corner and would have had the same shot from my phone.

No comments: