Friday, November 16, 2012

The Good Class

Well, to say this past week has been crazy would be a big understatement. I would say that Monday will be a return to normal, but if you've ever been a teacher during a short week like this one, you know that it won't be normal. But our daily schedule should remain untouched save the fall parties on Wednesday, and who doesn't love those?

Anyway, now here I am, trying to make up for some lost time. Let's start with the symphony. Yesterday we went to the Palladium to hear the Carmel Symphony Orchestra. It was really cool. We had gone to the high school for this show ever since I've been here, but now we go to the Palladium. The kids all looked great, by the way. And I was very happy to receive compliments for the whole class from Mrs. Bowman, Mrs. Loeffler, and Mrs. Hastings, all of whom went along with our class for the special needs students. I was really proud of their behavior as well--despite some more talkative classes around us, mine remained quiet and appropriately facing the stage the whole time.

As anyone who went to the fifth grade musical on Wednesday can tell you, the kids did a fantastic job on the musical. This is always one of my favorite things from the fifth grade year. My class has had a lot of time up on stage recently, and never once have they disappointed. I am so proud of them all.

Today's interviews for Biztown went incredibly well. I was so impressed with the results I had, going by the sheets filled out be the interviewers. And the kids looked fantastic when they came in today. As it was a Friday, I was in jeans, and the kids were all in skirts, sweaters, khakis, and ties. Walking down the hall, I once again had a lot of nice words sent my way (starting to see a trend here?) about my class. The other fifth grade teachers were so flabbergasted by how great my class looked. Now, come to think of it, I wish I would have gotten their picture. Doggone it.

Well, that catches us up to today. Later on in the weekend, I will try to throw a few things on here about the biographies and such, but please know that here, at the end of this crazy week, I'm really appreciative and thankful.

I have the good class.

1 comment:

Isabella R White said...

aaww i like this post