Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Yeah Sure Okay Monet

As requested, here is this week's spelling list. It's all proper nouns, so yes, it is a little weird:
  1. Chicago
  2. Connecticut
  3. December
  4. Indianapolis
  5. Japanese
  6. Latin
  7. Neptune
  8. Thanksgiving
  9. Caesar
  10. Wednesday
  11. Europe
  12. Fahrenheit
I warned them that a few of them are particularly difficult, like Caesar, Fahrenheit, and Wednesday. I told them that Connecticut is just "connect, I, cut". Remember that 3x each is due tomorrow.

Today in Math, I told the students that there will be a quiz tomorrow over naming and labeling angles, measuring an angle, and the vocabulary on the list that they should have brought home. I told them that it would at least have a word bank. It was a busy day today. We had a lot of ground to cover, so hopefully everyone took a breather after it was over.

I wanted to tell you how impressed I am with some of the young artists we have in this classroom. And no, that's not a euphemism for "your kids draw in class", it just means that anything that requires them to use their artistic skills, such as the Lakota winter counts or their meaning exercises, they really put their best effort into them and create something really wonderful. The other teachers were telling me the other day how they are jealous of my students' drawing abilities after looking at the winter counts posted in the hall. Pretty cool stuff we've been seeing around here.

No comments: