Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sugar Crash

Well, I answered the door to a whole neighborhood full of witches, goblins, and vampires tonight, but the scariest thing I saw all evening was the grades on the kids' Math Boxes. My lesson plans for tomorrow have changed now, reflecting a need for review on certain parts that were on those Math Boxes.

I realize this is late coming, but I'm going to post the spelling list here now. I had several (SEVEN) students leave their spelling lists out without their names on them. I had Miss Lauren collect them to check them, and those kids had to re-do them last night because that's the new policy for not putting your name on the top of your paper (six years at Woodbrook; still no names...not gonna fly anymore). Well, they went ahead and turned in their re-done papers, with names on them, but they don't have them now. So here goes. Maybe it will at least help you for studying tomorrow night.
  • cheap
  • defeat
  • depend
  • enormous
  • rely
  • victory
  • deplete
  • sadness
  • sorrow
  • expensive
  • troublesome
I'm hoping this is only a reaction to the Halloween-related sugar coursing through the air right now, and that things will calm down as we head into November. November: The month in which we will be doing the Veterans Day Program, the Fifth Grade Musical, starting in on the curriculum for Biztown, our trip to the Palladium to hear the Carmel Symphony Orchestra, and Thanksgiving break...yeah. Things should be calming right down any day now.

I'll keep my thumb down on them on this end! More to come tomorrow. Thanks for your cooperation. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: