Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Controls and Variables

Today we started Science in 5-1. While I do enjoy teaching Social Studies, it was fun getting to see the kids turn on their scientific brains. I passed out their Science journals and then we got them started by making the table of contents at the front and numbering the pages (well, up to page 20...we didn't have all day). Then I talked to the kids a little bit by discussing the Scientific Method with them. Because we just got started, don't expect to see a Science grade on your child's report card this quarter.

The students wrote friendly letters today to thank Mrs. Pitz for coming in last Friday to share her harp music with us. I was pretty pleased with the writings they did yesterday in class, and these are even better. You won't see the letters come home since they are going to Mrs. Pitz, but I will be sure and send home their rubrics.

Today I'm sending home a study guide for Math. It has a lot of problems on it, but I will give them some time to start on it in class. I will go over it in class with them tomorrow, so it will need to be done by then.

One last thing: Their posters are due on Friday. Congratulations to Luke who got his finished Monday night and has already turned it in.

That's all the news from 5-1 today. E-mail me if you have any questions.

No comments: