Monday, October 1, 2012

Mechanical Inclinations

The kids have more homework than normal tonight. I won't say I loaded it on exactly, because I did give them enough time to finish their Social Studies in class, but here is the entirety of what will have to be on top of their desks completed before they go to computer time tomorrow:
  • Social Studies pages 16-17 in their white pages (most of them have this finished)
  • Spelling definitions: The list this week is weird. It's all proper nouns. I told them that, for instance, for the word Connecticut, I want them to write "a state in the American Northeast", and not just "a state".
  • A writing assignment from the reading book. I want them to complete this according to the rubric on the front, and to write a complete paragraph (5-8 sentences). 
  • Study Link 3.3 for my Math class. 
  • 3-4 ideas for a procedural speech (you and I know this as a "How-To Speech"). These are just ideas. They have not been given a rubric, so please do not start on this assignment yet--just come up with some ideas. Most of them have this finished already as well.
We are having our Theme 3 test tomorrow. I reviewed with the kids today, and I will review with them again tomorrow just before the test. They seem to be ready for it, though, I have to say.
 
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Welcome back to the work week. 

No comments: