Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stories About Nothing

Hello, everybody! I really like the book I'm reading out loud to the kids right now. The Aurora County All-Stars is "a book about nothing", as one of my former students would have put it. I like it for the same reason I like Garrison Keillor's "News from Lake Wobegon" segments and the Dave and Morley stories from The Vinyl Cafe. These are just stories about the interactions of some small-town people, a baseball team, and a pageant.

There is a Social Studies test on Friday. I have copied off all of the notes we took down as a class in the back of the room this morning, and I will give them out to the students tomorrow.

Tomorrow, you will see a writing page come home, similar to the ones you've seen before. We did one together to model for everyone just what I am looking for, how to use the checklist, etc.

They may also have some work in their white pages to do tomorrow for Social Studies. This will also help them prepare for that test.

You will notice that their spelling assignment for tomorrow is different from the one they've normally done on Tuesday evenings up to this point. This is a lesson I stole from a teacher at a conference a few weeks ago. They have the written instructions in their assignment notebooks and the examples I made and sent home with them today.

By the way, loved all those nail clippers yesterday! Thank you! (This will look like a really odd statement to anyone who just happens upon this blog...)

Hope everyone has a nice Tuesday evening!

No comments: