Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Owls

Today we had the Social Studies test over the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. It went pretty well, the kids all seemed to have done well on it (from what I've seen so far).

The big news today was that we started dissecting owl pellets! I told the kids that they needed to be very careful, that the owl pellets had been sterilized, and gave them an idea (and a diagram) of what they might find. I was really happy with how "into it" they were. They would let me know about what discoveries they had made, and I told them that we were going to continue pulling them apart tomorrow. This is part of our "food chains" unit in Science, and it's one of my favorite activities of the school year. Ask your child about it if they haven't told you already.

The choir and the ORFF ensemble performed today for the volunteers. It was another crazy kind of day, but in the end, it was a good one. Have a great day!

No comments: