Monday, April 9, 2012

Getting Stretched for the Home Stretch

Hello, everyone! Long time no posting, but I really hope everyone had a great Spring Break. I had to admit to the kids when they walked in this morning that I was not ready to be back. Sleeping in is an easy thing to get used to. But now that we're all here, I'm glad we're all in for the home stretch on this school year.

We started a new book today called The Aurora County All-Stars by Deborah Wiles. This is the first time I've read it out loud, and I like how descriptive the phrases are throughout the book--one of those things I didn't really pick up on when I read it to myself.

In Social Studies, we've been reading through a chapter on the Constitution. I've just printed off some extra material that I think will make it much more clear in the coming days. I told the students to expect a test on Friday over this material, and I don't think it's going to be the take-home kind of test.

I think what I'm going to do is give the reading theme test 13 as a take-home on either Thursday or Friday, just so we don't have testing overload right at the end of the week. Being in this home stretch, I've forgotten how "test-heavy" it's become in the past few years, so I will begin preparing the students for all of that really soon.

Later on, I will post the spelling list/s for this week. I need to get Mrs. Priser's list from her still.

No comments: