Friday, December 15, 2017

One Quarter School-Year Ago







 




































As I posted way back in October, I had my class split in two groups for the Camp Jameson trip. It was kind of hard, but at least it afforded me the chance to see my students interact with other kids.

It was a really fun day as far as things go. It's weird now, honestly, to think that back when these pictures were taken, I knew these kids half as well as I do now. That may not seem all that substantial to someone who isn't a classroom teacher, but man, it really is.

Thanks again to everyone who went with us. I love seeing the kids in problem-solving situations, watching them conquer their goals, and supporting their classmates. What's crazy-awesome is seeing each of those things from the opposite kids that their classroom personalities would predict.

It went a long way toward letting me get to know these kids. It's so weird (incredibly so) to think that our year is quite nearly half over at this point.

Hope all is well!

No comments: