Friday, November 17, 2017

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The best parts of my Friday in Area 51:
  • The excellent report I received from Mrs. Bennett (and, I am guessing, Mr. Hunter) as they were my "subs" this afternoon while I was busy with the other teachers putting the kids in their jobs for BizTown. The very fact that they were playing Silent Ball when I returned was a good sign, but Mrs. Bennett's "perfect" report did my heart some real good.
  • The "card" the kids gave me when I came back wishing that I get well soon. It was signed not only by my class, but also by Mr. Vahle's class (I'm guessing they all came into the room at some point while I was gone?). That made me smile out loud. It's a keeper, I assure you.
  • All of the help I got today (and yesterday) from Nurse Barb, Mrs. Somers, Mrs. Stemnock, Mrs. Loeffler, Mr. Vahle, Mrs. Jarding, Mrs. Ratner, Mr. Z, Mrs. Helgeland, Mrs. Bennett, Mrs. Wald, Mrs. Allen in the lunchroom, Mrs. Young, Miss Liz, Mr. Sloane, and Mrs. Vahle, Not to mention the help the kids have given me--in both homeroom and math class--over the past two days. Doggone it, I love where I work! 
The worst part of today:
  • Having to report to my class that none of the three who ran for the office of mayor, girl DJ, or boy DJ won the election. What can I say? That's life. But life isn't always fun. But I am happy to say that I loved putting all of my students into jobs today. Even if barely anyone got one of their three picks, we have all done this for many years now, and we know what each kid is going to like and dislike.
 

No comments: