Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Gold In the Hills

Well, today we started our BizTown curriculum. Students should definitely have an economics homework page with them tonight. They received it before they went home, but they certainly did not have enough time to do it well enough to be satisfactory.

Also, students are to have three jobs by tomorrow that they think they would want to perhaps have at BizTown. We went through the list today, and there are plenty to choose from. I also told them that, unfortunately, 90% of the students go for 10% of the jobs, so it is more than likely that they will get a job that was not in their top three choices. As one student said, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

In Math, we learned about dividing with decimals. The kids learned a lesson about the tedium of doing long division. I told them that they need to learn how to be bored! It is definitely a lost skill.

In Language Arts, we went through my extensive list of topics for the Wild West. Mrs. Vahle just brought me an even more extensive list, so I think we are in good hands. I can't wait to get started with it.

More to come!

No comments: