Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Comeback Kid

Happy Birthday, Charlie!

Charlie is one of those kids with a big personality, a big smile, and who always makes his immediate world a more positive place. No one at Woodbrook needed an introduction to Charlie. He is the type of person who will either be a coach, a teacher, or a salesman one day. He can talk for hours and is very passionate.

He was a member of the Broadcast Team and the Woodbrook Choir. Needless to say, he loves to get up in front of people and is quite comfortable on the stage. He's also quite an athlete, participating in hockey and lacrosse.

At the end of every day, I am given a piece of paper that tells me how each student is supposed to go home that day (bus, walk, etc.). After a very early joke between Charlie and me (in which I was proven wrong about the average annual rainfall in Vero Beach, Florida by him*--he never let me forget it), I started telling him what danger he was in for as he rode his bike home that day every day for the entire school year. Luckily for us, however, Charlie never let a lightning strike, bear trap, or squid attack keep him from coming in the next day.

Thank goodness for that. Area 51 wouldn't have been the same without him this year. I hope you have a great birthday, Charlie. You deserve it!

*In-jokes in 5-1 can be pretty obscure. You definitely had to be there.

No comments: