Sunday, July 2, 2017

No Use Falling From the Halfway Point

While it isn't a widely-renowned fact, nor is it an actual holiday, today is the middle day of the year. If you took all of the days of the year, and you started crossing them off on both sides, you would find that July 2 is the median of the year.



From here on out, we are on the downward slope toward the end of the year 2017. I know it's time for me, at least, to get started on some of those projects that I told myself I would accomplish this year. As we stand here at the equator (or is it the prime meridian?) of this trip around the sun, I hope you all take advantage of the summer to think about your goals. And as my students head off to middle school, I hope the second half of 2017 is as good--if not better--than the first.

No comments: