Sunday, June 25, 2017

You Can't Take the Sky From Me

Here is an article (as in, click here...) that I read this evening and loved.

It's about a group of librarians who rode around on horseback during the Great Depression delivering books to people seeking to educate themselves during a time when America truly needed hope.

There is something I share in common with librarians, and that is a true appreciation (I almost said passion, but that seems trite...) for education. In a world that seems to celebrate and honor ignorance (cough*Kardashian*cough), we in the education world often just want to put our faces in our hands and shake our heads.
If these librarians were able to hold their heads high and deliver lessons and stories to the struggling masses and give them hope, well, that helps me keep my own hope alive.

No comments: