Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Grant

And we round out the birthday trifecta with Grant today! Happy birthday, Grant!

I know that I often say this about students, but it is 100% true when I do: Grant is always unshakably in a good mood. What's unique about Grant is that he is also Mr. Mellow. In a class that had its share of big personalities (I loved you all), he held a special place to me because he always had a sense of chill about him. Because of this, he is able to get along with everyone. When I made seating arrangements, I never had to keep anyone away from him. You have no idea how valuable that is to a teacher.

He is a talented hockey player; he plays lacrosse, and he is a brilliant young man. He has a creative streak in him, and he has a smart sense of humor. He never turned in a paper that wasn't his full-blown best work. I am really happy to have had the chance to teach him this past year.

Grant, I hope you're having a great day today. It sure is a beautiful day--very bright and sunny and a little bit chill. In fact, if I had to describe you in terms of weather, I think today would be what I would describe.

Happy Birthday, Grant! You deserve it.

No comments: