Thursday, December 3, 2015

Train Them Up

What a day. We did the last of our BizTown preparation, took a Science test, and started the fifth and final Genius Files book. The kids were really helpful and great when it came time to get down to business today, and they just made my job really easy. When they left at the end of the day, I seriously just felt good inside.

While I was teaching karate tonight, I told my beginner class to wait until I was finished giving my instructions before they started to do what I was telling them to do. They were all waiting patiently through my instructions, and I told them, "I am really happy that you guys are actually waiting. My students at school would have been starting already..."

Sensei John Adamson cut me off right there, "Sensei Carter, I have to disagree with that. I've worked with your class and they are incredibly disciplined."

I corrected myself, "I should have said, 'My students during the first two weeks of school...'" He was right--my class is the best one.

One more thing: I was really happy to have Lorenzo, one of 5-1's first grade buddies, in class tonight. I knew I knew that kid from somewhere more than just the dojo.

See you all tomorrow morning!

No comments: