Monday, May 6, 2013

The Failure of Formulas

First of all, thank you to those who showed me appreciation today in some way. I had kids asking me what I want for teacher appreciation week. I told them I want to see their bright smiling faces each day when they walk in. They weren't satisfied with that. When pressed, I told them to make me a card or write me a letter. I have a binder at my house where I keep every letter a student has ever written to me. Those are the best I could ask for. 

Today we took the penultimate chapter of our ISTEP testing saga. We're all excited about the end of testing, and the kids are all giddy because tomorrow night we get to have homework again! Don't freak out, though, because I will make sure it is as manageable as possible.

Oh, and one more Teacher Appreciation Week request: I have nasty pollen allergies and so does half of the class. In the past, they've said to bring in flowers one day. I will feel truly appreciated if they do not bring in flowers!

No comments: