Thursday, June 7, 2012

Technology and Me

I've actually had a lot of fun over the past week taking a couple of courses through the school corporation that will hopefully make me a better teacher. As I've said many times, I'm pretty much Amish when it comes to computers, despite what you may think of me as a blogger. I've never thrived at things like functions, Excel, or even Word.

But this week I've taken classes both on Excel and on Safari. I now feel like I can manipulate Excel as if I was Mr. Vahle, and I feel great about showing videos on class the way I want to--as snippets of lessons, illustrations, and talking points through Safari. I'm sure everyone remembers me trying to work with the "new fangled technology" like an old grandpa, but after this week, I'm looking at it from the point of view of a young whipper-snapper. Next week I take a class on Google Docs, so watch out. People will be coming to me for tech advice.

Huh. Maybe I can get an iPad and know how to use it.

No comments: