Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Autographs Lost

Here are some other examples of awesome signatures while I'm still awake:

That's Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Here's Larry Bird.

This one is that of Samuel Longhorn Clemens, better known as Mark Twain. I like how he merged them.

This one, if you haven't guessed, is the signature of Pablo Picasso.

This one is someone you may not recognize. This is the signature of Mr. Walter Simonson, one of my favorite comic book artists. He writes his name so that it looks like a dinosaur. I see a stegosaurus in there, with the big back, with the smaller head and tail. Simonson is a master of the craft, and it is apparent even in his signature. Let it be noted, however, that Walt Simonson doesn't exactly use cursive.

And last but not least (for now), Thomas Edison's clear cursive signature is capped off nicely by his huge up-swirl that passes over his whole name. I like this one a lot, but it could be because when I sign my name, the line that crosses through the t in Carter passes through the whole configuration.

Let me add that Mrs. Niemiec, 5-1 mom from this past year, has one of the coolest signatures I have ever seen. Mrs. Wampler is in complete agreement. Wow. To lose that? Whether it is print or cursive, I can't tell. But yes. Everyone needs to have their unique imprint on the world. Let's not miss out on the opportunity to do so while we still can!

This is part of what may be lost if we don't continue to nurture cursive writing. But it may have to be from home. We may not be allowed to do so in the schools for much longer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! To be listed with those great autographs! Thanks for the compliment! *blushing*

I will have to remember the font service that can create your own writing (print or cursive) into a computer font. (and make sure to include my signature in the font)

*~*~*Have a Happy 4th!*~*~*

Jeff said...

Oh, man! I would love to see that font service.

And I would want a copy of your handwriting in that font. You have a happy fourth too!

Anonymous said...

Walt Simonson signs his name so it resembles Mysterio, his favorite Marvel villain, not a dinosaur.