Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Looking Good

Went and saw Mr. Gary "Sgt. Pepper" S. this evening at Peyton Manning Children's Hospital. Members of last year's 5-1 class know Gary as one of their classmates during their final year at Woodbrook. He was having his infamous "chest hole" repaired.

You may remember his stories of being able to eat cereal out of his chest because it was concave. Well this as of yesterday, it's not going to hold cereal anymore; it looks totally normal. He was pretty darn tired while I was there this evening--on a lot of pain-killers, obviously. He had been up walking earlier today already.

When I left, he had been dozing off for awhile. Can't imagine going through that and still feeling up to anything. It was bad enough when they worked on my belly, I can't imagine them ripping into my chest like that.

Get well, Gary! We're all pulling for you.

No comments: