Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

I'm in a little bit of a hurry today, but I wanted to let everyone know that I spoke with the kids this morning about their "research papers" which have kind of morphed into "focus essays". They will still be using all of the research they did on their note cards; the only difference is that instead of a 5-t0-7 page paper, it is going to be a 5-to-7 (minimum) paragraph essay. Some kids asked if they could go ahead and write a full 5-to7 pages, and I said sure. They asked if they would get extra credit, and I told them that at least I knew it would improve their grade. This will be done entirely in class! No worries for home.

Math class: Test tomorrow! We have taken copious amounts of notes in class, they will be able to use all of them (including the copies I ran off for them, plus the addendum received today) on the test. I think they will be in good shape.

Everyone: Tomorrow is pajama day! Wear your jammie-jams. And also: Do something nice for someone new in Woodbrook!

No comments: