Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Don't Know Whether I Was the Boxer or the Bag

At the Wellness Committee meeting yesterday, it was brought up that we need more parent volunteers for Sunday afternoon, April 29th, for the Wellness Fair. One of the jobs they were looking to fill was working the registration/check-in table. I think they also wanted someone to work the Amazing Race.

Speaking of wellness, thank you to everyone who came out and/or volunteered for Family Fitness Night on Friday night. That was so much fun. I know I got quite a workout leading everyone in the karate for an hour and forty-five minutes. Man, was my voice gone on Saturday. The 5-1 affiliated people I saw were the Hurdles, the Keens, the Pergals, and the Saams, plus the Baldwins if you count the Math class (and who doesn't?). I saw one picture taken of us doing our karate, and what I notice is that I was leaning too far forward during my front-kick, but I'm probably a little self-critical. Everyone else seemed to notice how much fun everyone was having. I have to say, though, that I'm honestly not sure what wore me out more, the straight 1:45 of punching and kicking, or the fifteen minutes of yoga that I did during that last session.

Anyway, if you are interested in helping out with the Wellness Fair on April 29, please contact the front office here at Woodbrook. Sounds like we're going to have a lot of booths this year, and it should be pretty neat.

(And if you know where the title of this post came from, by the way, Mr. Carter is seriously proud of your knowledge of 90's grunge rock.)

2 comments:

Suzi Vertesch said...

Pearl Jam?

Jeff said...

We have Mrs. Vertesch with the win! Yellow Ledbetter to be exact.