Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Daily Double

A couple of hot news flashes:
  1. Ian got his orange belt in kempo karate on Tuesday night! Wooohooooo! Good job, Ian! (Sorry, longtime readers will know that I like it when my students take martial arts--no, not because it's necessarily better than any other sports, but because it's what I do too. Personal thing.)
  2. Our student council representatives, elected by the class itself, are Annie and Griffin. Congratulations to them, and also congratulations to everyone who ran for the office, because not only did they all do such a wonderful job, but they also each received 25 bonus points in Social Studies for going through this learning experience. Mrs. Shearman said she wished she could have taken them all, because all of their speeches were so well-written. Just telling the students who won is one of my most hated tasks, because so many people feel bad.

4 comments:

Mona Goggins said...

I wasn't that mad just fell off a swing

Mona said...

I found states and capitals on coolmath

Jeff said...

Yeah, how's your arm, anyway, Mona? Stay well!

Mona Goggins said...

Okay it is severly sprand but have to wear this for a while. :(