Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stomping Grounds

The kids had a sub for the first time today. I'm always a little nervous when this happens, but I think she turned out to be a pretty nice lady. The kids always have funny stories about their former teachers and substitutes, which makes me wonder how they're going talk about me next year!

Anyway, we were sorting through all the camp stuff, and we hit a minimum of snags, I'm happy to say. I think we're going to have a great time. No, I KNOW we're going to have an awesome time. It means so much to me personally, but I wouldn't do it each year if I didn't know how good it was for the kids. The entire dynamic of the class (as well as the whole fifth grade) will shift as a result. It happens every year, and that's why we continue to do it as long as possible.

No comments: