Sunday, October 11, 2009

Effort Expended

Hey, everybody! I hope everyone had a pretty decent weekend. The jury is still out on the Colts at this point. I'm blogging during commercials.

Thank you to those of you who came to the training yesterday for Camp Tecumseh! We had a lot more people than Mrs. Miller and I thought we would, so now we're pretty excited. At first, we didn't honestly know what to expect, but now I feel confident that we have so many people in our corner. This support is VERY much appreciated, and the kids are going to have a very good time at camp because of you guys.

I got the kids' paragraphs graded today, and I have to say overall I'm pretty impressed with them. There are a couple kids who warrant a conference to discuss how they just might put some more detail, facts, or descriptive words into their work.

The book reports also looked pretty good. I was particularly impressed with the kids who managed to go online and put them onto the "book report blog", Dojo Books. The reason I sent home those half-page papers was because some of the kids were still unclear on how to post to the blog. We spent some time in the computer lab on Thursday, but some kids couldn't get the hang of it. But the ones who were able to do it really impressed me! This book report was relatively easy, but the next one will be more time-consuming.

There will be a Math test this Friday. This is only for my Math class, of course, but it will be over all of chapter three. We still have two more lessons to do tomorrow and Tuesday, but then on Wednesday and Thursday we will be reviewing the material in class.

Also, we will be having a Social Studies test either this Friday or next Tuesday. I'm actually leaning toward next Tuesday. They will have some good notes before this week is over to study, though, regardless. The kids took some good notes as a part of an assignment this week, and we will be continuing that tomorrow.

Tomorrow the kids will get their last spelling list until November!

Okay, everyone, please stay healthy and do good work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mr.carter thanks for a great weak


-viva

Jeff said...

Thanks for being a great student, Viva!

Honestly, that comment made my day.