Monday, October 5, 2009

Painting a Picture Using Words

Okay, folks, IN ADDITION to needing your camp money ASAP, I also need you to send back a permission slip tomorrow for the symphony show, which is on Wednesday. That day, we will go to the high school and listen to the Carmel Symphony Orchestra (it's either that or the Indianapolis one--quite frankly, I can't remember which). But it's always good, I do know that.

Further, we learned about structuring a good paragraph--you know, the beginning introductory sentence (pardon my redundancy), the closing paragraph, and everything in between. In addition to that, we started out by learning descriptive paragraphs in particular. The kids' assignment tonight is to write a descriptive paragraph about their bedrooms at home. I don't care whether we get the clean version or the cluttered version (the latter would probably be most entertaining, in all honesty). I told them to have their Write Source 2000 books with them, but I still see a lot of them on desks...

We also had a DOL and the normal spelling assignments, so that's about it for tonight. Have a good one!

2 comments:

Jonah said...

Mr. Carter, You rock out loud!
from Jonah

Jeff said...

No, Jonah, YOU rock out loud!