Thursday, June 7, 2018

This Is Not Good-Bye

Hello, everyone. I hope summer is treating you well so far.

This isn't easy for me to write, but it has been in the back of my mind for a long time. Some of you know that it's been on my mind for years.

It is time for me to move on from teaching school. It has nothing to do with the kids, the excellent staff with which I have had the honor of working, or anything like that. I have loved all the years I have taught at Woodbrook, the families I've met, and the relationships that I have built through my time there. Recent events have all come together and shown me that now is the right time to make this move.

The fact is, I'm not getting any younger. I never expected to teach school for my entire life, and if I want to try new things, now is the time to do that. Enough opportunities and possibilities have come my way this year that it has become clear that this is the way my path is leading.

I am forever grateful to the Woodbrook staff, families, and the students. Each one of them has contributed to making me who I am today.

I will keep Mr. Carter's Dojo going for now. I want everyone to have their birthday blog fair and square for one thing.

Everyone have a fantastic summer, and I will keep you posted on where life leads me next!

10 comments:

Makenzie Holcomb said...

All of Woodbrook will miss you not just the last class in 5-1. Have fun!

Unknown said...

Congrats and best wishes on your new adventure! Thank you for everything you have given to these kids!

Jeff said...

Thanks so much, both of you. I've loved every minute I've spent at Woodbrook.

Unknown said...

You will be greatly missed at Woodbrook! I’m glad my boys had the opportunity to have you as their teacher. Best wishes in your next endeavor!

Unknown said...

Jenny Reasoner

Jeff said...

Thank you. I'm glad I had the opportunity to have them as well.

Anonymous said...

Jeff - best of luck! I can't imagine you fully appreciate the positive impact you have had on these kids. Still to this day when my kids come home from school on the first day each year, and we ask how they like their teachers— best response we ever get is still “I like them, seem nice—well, I mean they are no Mr. Carter...”

Craig Anderson

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Carter this is Drew Norris, and I'm just hopping what ever type of job you find you really enjoy it.

Jeff said...

Craig: Thank you so much for the positive feedback over the past several years. It's always been so genuine that I feel unworthy of it. Your appreciation is very much appreciated!

Drew: Thanks, buddy. I missed you this past year. I hope I enjoy it as much as I did teaching kids like you.

Mama L said...

Bye mr carter
-bega