Monday, April 16, 2018

Regardless of What Folks Say


Sorry I didn't get anything blogged yesterday. I just bought a new computer and I was trying to get everything set up and broken in. This was my class on Friday as we enjoyed our extra recess for Wellness Week. I had fun just listening to them interact--it's a lot more fun when it's just your class out there, for me at least.

As you know, this is ISTEP week--again. Actually, we are just at the beginning of our first week of ISTEP weeks. I don't try to pretend it's fun, but at least my kids all know to give it their best. It's one of those things that ISTEP makers, administrators, ISTEP police, state legislators, school counselors, and the school board all love. Teachers and students? Not so much. We endure and we do our best with awesome attitudes, and I'm more than happy to report that this is the way 5-1 does it.

Parents, don't forget that it's cold outside! I know it's unseasonable, but that's okay. We will still go outside for recess if the temperature is above 20 degrees. I've told the kid that I love the way nature doesn't pay attention to people's complaints and does what it's going to do regardless. A few of the kids think it's the end of the world, but here we are, still holding up.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: