Sunday, December 14, 2014

Swiss Time Running Out

I tried my best not to breathe directly on any of your children on Friday before I left school, sick as a dog. At least I wasn't throw-up sick, because then I would have had to leave before the sub came for the second half of the day. Truth be told, I came home at 11:30, went to bed, and pretty much woke up this morning (with the occasional getting up yesterday, but never for long...).

Because of this, I do not have the Math tests graded, as I haven not been in the building since Friday morning. I do have the Spelling tests graded, however. I will do my best to have the Math tests graded by the time Math rolls around tomorrow, but if not, I will have them graded by Tuesday.

Speaking of Math, we finished up our first half of the school year (almost perfectly!) on Friday, so this next week we will spend doing some middle school math! I gave the kiddos the choice a few weeks back between starting the next chapter and waiting until January to start (with the promise of doing middle school math this week), and I shouldn't have been surprised when they wanted to go for the harder material. Don't worry, though. I will balance the new material with some old review stuff, including adding and subtracting decimals, multiplying decimals, adding and subtracting fractions, and dividing decimals.

This week we will have a Spelling list. See the sidebar for this week's list, or, like in ye olden days, just look for the hard copy (olden days translation: the only copy) to come home tomorrow evening.

We will also have a rather short States and Capitals quiz on Friday over the six remaining states: Arkansas (Little Rock), Tennessee (Nashville), Kentucky (Frankfort), Mississippi (Jackson), Alabama (Montgomery), and Louisiana (Baton Rouge).

Lastly, we will have a quiz on Thursday in Science, which will be all about the different kinds of joints we are exploring in our robotics in space unit. But here's the best part: They will be allowed to use their Science journals. We have already copied all of these down in their Science journals, so assuming they have done their part, then they already have the information they will need.

Alright, it's 10:03pm right now, and this is literally the latest I've been up in three days. So I'm going to play it safe and hit the hay right now, so that I will be up and ready to go tomorrow.

We don't have time to slow down this week! By the time Friday hits, it will be like running right into a brick wall.

No comments: