Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Benefit Of Being Around Like-Minded People

What a great--and 5-1-related--weekend.

Friday night, thanks to the Andersons, I got to attend the Beatles tribute band Classical Mystery Tour at the Symphony on the Prairie. It was great to see some familiar faces out there...








It was a fun night for sure, and I even got my fifth graders to get up and dance to "Twist and Shout" at the end of the second encore. Thank you to the Andersons for the tickets, and to Mr. Lundy, whose ear I think I talked off all night. It was fun to see Reed, Lara, Lucas, and Billy again before they go off to middle school. Gorgeous weather, good music, and excellent company. Thanks, Anderson fam!

Then, today, Griffin and his dad took me to watch the Reds game in Cincinnati. Once again, we had fantastic weather, and it was great to spend the day with those gentlemen. I also realized today that Griffin could pretty much be a baseball commentator with just the information he knows off the top of his head already at the tender age of almost-eleven.







(The selfie of Griffin and his dad originally had me to Griffin's left, but I looked enough like a bulldog that I couldn't really do that to myself...)

Thanks to the Griffin and his family for an outstanding day of baseball with my favorite 5-1 baseball fan. (Hey, he roots for the right team; of course he's my favorite baseball fan from the past year.)

No comments: