Monday, June 17, 2013

Der Ampelmann Aus Aller Welt

Here's something fun for this week. Remember when I got back from Germany and showed you the stickers with "der Ampelmann", the "walk/don't walk" lights in the shape of the little man in Berlin? It is one of the few things that carried over from East Berlin (back in their Soviet days) into the present-day re-merged Berlin.

This video is a German video that shows "der Ampelmann" around the world. It's pretty interesting. I never knew, until I went to Germany, that walk/don't walk signs could be so interesting.



2 comments:

Anonoymous said...

it is in german

Jeff said...

Yes it is! Still fun to watch, though. I don't understand everything they're saying, but I get the gist.

I like that it shows that the German language is not this chortling, gurgling language, but it actually flows quite nicely.

Hope you're having a good summer!