Thursday, January 24, 2013

Panopticon

Sorry for no post yesterday. I had a meeting right after school and then had to go teach karate last night--not my normal Wednesday. And truly, we are getting to the point in the school year where everything will be like that. Right now, for instance, the kids are in the library taking part in the "computer stress test" so that any bugs in the system can be worked out. The feeling of tension in the hallway right now tells me that there may be a kink or two in the network, which is why I'm staying in here.

Another aberration yesterday was that I was out of the classroom for an hour to observe in other classrooms. We've been doing this for awhile, so I didn't really come away with anything new, but it was nonetheless interesting. What I liked about it, though, was that it afforded me the opportunity to have Mrs. Carol Weghorst in my classroom while I was out. Mrs. Weghorst is a retired Woodbrook teacher. She told me what I already know, that I have a wonderful class. I will keep her in mind just in case I ever do need to take a whole day off of school this year.

Remember that there is a Social Studies test tomorrow, as well as a Caesar's English test. One "new" thing about this Social Studies test is that some of the answers will not be multiple choice. I put the quotes on there because I used to never give any multiple choice questions on my tests because I didn't believe in them, so this is me going about half way back down that road.

In Math today, we will be learning about "Aunt Sally", as in "Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally", so be on the lookout for a related piece of homework in Math tonight.

Hope everyone has a glitch-free Thursday.

No comments: