Tuesday, December 13, 2011

There Is Always Hope

Wow, are the kids ever getting fidgety. I'm sure you're seeing it at home too! I told them I almost don't feel bad about all of the testing we have to do here at the end. (In all honesty, I do find it a bit ridiculous.) I told the kids that I was at least going to spare them the mid-year Rigby test. No one has told us (yet...I'm sure it's coming) that we have to give it.

There is a quiz tomorrow in Caesar's English. This afternoon, tomorrow, and Thursday, I will be giving the mid-year Math test to my sixth grade math class. Theme Test 7 is on Thursday as well as their open-note Science test.

When I was in college, we had what they called "Dead Week", the week before finals in which there were no tests of any kind, nor any big projects due, etc. At the end of the school year, I really hope to be able to hold a Dead Week around here, and get all that testing done before that last week before what are essentially "finals" arrives here in the Woodbrook fifth grade.

I told the kids today that at least we're almost there! I'm not sure whether or not they believe me when I tell them that I'm ready also.

2 comments:

brooke a said...

i love ceasers english . i cant wait for winter break

Jeff said...

Well it's hear, Brooke! Enjoy! :)