Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Don't You Know That You Are a Shooting Star?

Okay, so thank you those who have heeded my pleas that your kids stay home if they're sick--I had to do the same thing yesterday. I can't stand the flu and cold season.

Today we did have our Science test. While I haven't taken a look yet at this four-page giant since they turned it in, I think they were well-prepared for it.

I hope to feel equally as good about the Math test, which is on Friday. Go over fractions with your kids--namely converting from mixed numbers to improper fractions (or, as I had a kid say to me once, "inappropriate" fractions) and then back again. Then turning fractions into decimals and vice versa--that was our focus for today.

Here are some upcoming events for the fifth grade:

December 8, 2010 @9am: Winter Party room parent planning meeting
December 9, 2010: Fifth grade musical
December 16, 2010: Choir concert
January 14, 2010: Winter classroom parties
January 19, 2010: Family fun night provided by the Children's Museum
January 25, 2010: General PTO meeting
January 26, 2010: Everybody Counts begins
February 2, 2010: Cool River Pizza fundraiser
February 4, 2010: Colonial Days
February 11, 2010: Live and Silent Auction

No comments: