Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Seeing the Forest for the Trees

Estimation is the name of the game in Math right now. This isn't always an easy thing to do--to take a step back from getting the exact right answer to really understanding what the numbers actually mean. I told them that estimating numbers of people in a crowd is hard for me, and different people struggle with different things.

A few bits of business from the PTO:
  • There is a meeting for the Camp Tecumseh trip next Wednesday night at 7:00 in the cafeteria. Hope to see everyone there. This will include information about the trip and the accommodations as well as how you can be a vital part of making this trip work! This is a great trip; I just can't say that sufficiently to emphasize it enough. Fun! In the woods! Yeehaw!
  • The PTO is also currently looking for a during-school enrichment coordinator for the fifth grade. Please contact me at jcarter1@ccs.k12.in.us if you would be interested in getting involved in this way.
In Social Studies, we've been learning about the pre-American natives, the land they lived on, and their way of living.

The kids will receive their book reports by Friday. I realize this is something that I've been putting off all week (unintentionally), and I apologize, not that you probably minded not having to help them through their book reports. Soon, I promise!

No comments: