Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Plan of Action

What a productive day we had today! As I told the kids, on most days we accomplish about 2/3 of what I want to get done. Today is a day where we got everything finished early, but I won't complain about that.

I told the kids that I have some goals set for the foreseeable future as far as grammar lessons go. By the end of October, I want to have covered:
  1. Nouns, verbs, linking verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
  2. Subject/predicate
  3. Possessives
  4. Types of sentences (declarative, interrogative, exclamatory, and imperative)
And then by Winter Break:
  1. Commas (all common uses) and semicolons
  2. Conjunctions, predicate nouns, and predicate adjectives
  3. Prepositions, prepositional phrases, dependent and independent clauses, and appositives
Wish us luck! This is in direct response to feedback from the middle school.

Hope to see everyone tonight!

No comments: