Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Can You Spell "Pirate"?

Today we all got through three tests, states and capitals the reading test (that one you can not study for) and the not horrible cursive test. Today we learned in math lattice method in math. I sent home a social studies study guide that the kids are to do and turn in Monday the test is next Wednesday. Other ways it was a great day.

This was the first student-written blog entry of the school year. Thank you, Griffin!

Today was a bit of a mad-house at the end, but it was a pretty good day in the end. Here's a bit of business from Mr. Vahle:

Anyone interested in trying out for this year's Spell Bowl team are encouraged to come down to the tryouts on Thursday, September 23rd from 12:00 to 1:00. This would be during the school day during lunch. Woodbrook's Spell Bowl Team has an awesome record and it will be a very worthwhile activity to do if you're interested.

I sent home a study guide for next Wednesday's Social Studies test. As I told the kids today, I like to put an essay question on the end of each test.

And this FRIDAY (yes, as in two days from now, I keep forgetting this...) is Talk Like a Pirate Day! The kids can even come dressed like pirates! Of course, we will have to have our usual Friday business, so I guess I'll be giving the Spelling Test as a pirate...

I think that's all for now, but be on the lookout for more news soon.

Take care!

Mr. C

No comments: