Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Show Me the Math Facts!

Happy Hump-Day, everybody. Today in Math, we did two timed tests with forty questions only on each one. I gave them one minute on each one and asked them to take them home. That way you guys have an idea of which ones they need to work on. I told them that a silly mistake is just that, and that they know the difference whether they know the problem or not.

Like I told them today, I'm not big into "memorizing" ways to do math; I like it better when they have an understanding of what they're doing, and letting that be the reminder of how to go about it. However, this is one bit that will make all math SO much easier if they can just get their facts down. We will keep doing quick timed tests at the start of the day at least a few times a week, just so they can get used to their multiplication.

No comments: