Monday, February 8, 2010

Days of Colonial Madness

Can't believe I didn't mention this yet, but Colonial Days was a huge, raving success. While it snowed like crazy on the outside, we inside kicked it old school and made all kinds of things like candles, games, tin punches, corn cakes, butter, applesauce, cookies, wreathes, baskets... not to mention an awesome square dance at the end of the day.

On behalf of all the fifth grade teachers and Mrs. Davis, I would really like to thank Nancy Miller, Heather Blankenship, Christy Hawkins, Mary Kaehr, Jill Pitz, Kate Roberts, Margie Cornwell, Lisa Stevens, Lisa McGinnis, Chris Moss, Laura Moriarity, Mirey Comes, Sarah Palmer, Mary Hatton, Amy Sengstock, Jennifer Mann, Becky Helgeland, Betsy LaBell, Jennifer Raver, Xenia Verhelst, Carol Fleitz, Abby Breedlove, Wendy Franklin, Sara Cox, Andrea Habeck, Anne Goetz, Stacey Harrington, Mary Bopp, Sheri Snow, Beth King, Monica Henderson, Linda Firenze, Kari Gans, Jill Elshire, Leah Bedford, Terri Burgess, Sally Houck, Natalie Skarbeck, Amy Scott, Naomi Anderson and Becca Hunter. Without each of you guys, this day would not have been possible. I love Colonial Days, and I really appreciate you guys' efforts to make it happen.

I told the kids today that our schedule coming up is going to be like Swiss cheese. During those horribly detached and sparse times during which we're trying to cram in more than is humanly possible, please know I'm doing my best to keep things sane. If your child ever feels overwhelmed, please shoot me an e-mail. I'm somewhat flexible, but also understandingly stern. Hey, it's worth a shot! (I can be bribed. Ha.)

The Rube Goldberg contest looks like it will be on Friday of this week, barring any weather-related disasters. Looking out my window, no snow yet.

No comments: