Monday, December 14, 2009

Keeping the Lid on the Boiler Pot Clamped Down Hard

This week's test/due date schedule:

Tuesday: Caesar's English quiz. This list is the one that was given to them last Tuesday. The roots they need to know are bene, son, nov, sangui, and cogn.

Wednesday: OPEN BOOK Social Studies quiz/test over chapters six and seven. This is nothing to worry about. As I told them this morning, this is the same thing as having a worksheet to do without partners--and without being able to take it home to finish, either. Don't worry, plenty of time will be given.

Thursday: OPEN NOTE quiz/test for Science. Astronomy is the topic, and they have copious notes on this subject. Of course, they will have to use their inferences and their brains.

Friday: Spelling Test. I promise this list is pretty easy compared to the last few weeks worth of lists. It's a half-day (despite the new rule--I have no idea what's going on, honestly), but I still need the kids to be wearing their thinking caps that day.

I'm giving them a book report worksheet (not a project!) today, and this is due on Wednesday. I told them that this is for either of the two novels they have read over the last six weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr.C wow you're still as laid back as you were last year with all those open book tests!!!!!:) I read your post where you said you were wired what happened!?!?! And you got a new class pet? Man, so much has changed!!:) Can we visit on Friday before break?:)

ToRi :)

Jeff said...

Yes you may, of course! You guys are still on my background on my computer here at home.

As for the wires, I had a little "incident" last month. I thought it may have been a heart attack, but luckily it turned out to have nothing to do with my heart. So they've been doing a bunch of tests on my brains (yes, I have multiple) to see if it has anything to do with what's going on upstairs. Today I got to sit and watch TV for four hours while wired up. It was actually pretty relaxing. I didn't want it to end.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there on Friday Kate might be with me too.:) See you then!!!!!

<3 Tori :)