Sunday, June 10, 2007

Relayed

Hey hey, guys! It was good to see so many of you yesterday and today: Emma, Andrew, Michael, Jake, Chris, Laura, Aaron, Eric, and Erin all showed up to the Relay for Life. (And I really hope someone will tell me if I left anyone out!) You guys' luminary bags looked great last night all lit up in the dark. It was a real test of patience to get them all put up and taken down, but it was well worth it.

Altogether, Carmel raised almost $60,000! Not too bad for the second year, huh? Plus, Fishers and Westfield both had theirs this same weekend, so I think it's pretty incredible.

I'm sorry I didn't get to visit with you guys more than I did. There were so many people there that I needed to talk to. I even brought some things for you guys: your sticks of destiny, your attendance sticks, some DOLs...(speaking of which, next year the Fergusons are totally doing the Relay). I'm sorry I didn't get them to you--so many of you left before I had a chance to run to my car. Don't worry, I've still got them, and I'll get them to you one day in the hopefully-not-too-distant future.

Thanks for all your help! Mark your calendars: same Bat-time, same Bat-channel next year! Be there AND be square!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Sounds sweet! Hopefully I can get that stuff soon (DOLs and all).

Anonymous said...

for me, you can send it through Kyle next year.

I think it's really great you kept them and didn't throw them away like a lot of people would do.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey Carter this is Michael. I hope that you see see the actual 5th grader show.


know your enemy
michael