Sunday, December 2, 2018

41


I am a little bit late in the game, but I wanted to acknowledge the passing of George H.W. Bush, President of the United States from 1989-1993.

Bush was the President who passed Medicare Part B, approved strides in the battle against AIDS, he threw a first pitch (an actual strike, a layover from his time in playing for Yale), he fully supported the inauguration of Bill Clinton (who beat him in 1992).

He did much more than that, far too many things for me to mention here. But one thing I remember from my high school days is that George Bush was a president who held the office with dignity. He spoke with reserve and held himself high with his support during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Mr. President, I know you are happy now that you are reunited with Barbara and your daughter, Robin. I know you can rest in peace knowing you did everything you could for us all in the United States, and I know you are appreciated all over the world.

No comments: