Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wheels in the Sky Keep On Turnin'

You know, for the last couple weeks, there just hasn't been a dull moment in 5-1. I knew that things were coming at us fast and furious, but you're never quite ready. We had the Rube Goldberg contest today, and it was really amazing. I honestly have to say that at least all of the machines were sound, and more of them worked than have ever before.

Mrs. Haberfield's class of first graders came down to watch them. We made a barrier of desks between the machines and the kids, and they stayed inside and watched the machines from there. That way no one got too close.

Please remember that tomorrow TWO things are due: the adult edit on the papers, and the corrections on the math test from yesterday. I can't believe I never came up with the idea for the "Whoops Sheet" before now, but I can tell you that it's here to stay.

Okay, gotta fly. I'll try to get some video of the Rube Goldberg machines up on the blog, but I haven't had much luck just yet. (Of course, if you recall from Meet the Teacher Night, I'm pretty backward when it comes to high tech stuff...)

Oh, and THANK YOU to Rachel Block, who brought in green beads for everyone on this very happy St. Patrick's Day! We were high-stylin' today.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Your welcome Mr.C i am glad i could get them out to anyone before anyone could be pinched

Anonymous said...

Would love to see those videos of the machines in action. Anything I can do to help get the video posted?
Krista Spencer

Kate said...

rachel oh gosh i still got pinched :( but thnxs for the beads they were cool. high five for the rube goldberg project!

rachel said...

kate you did awesome getting everything set i felt bad because all i brought in was dominos

Kate said...

dont feel bad u did a lot just being there. you also helped me convince blake to not do the mentos! that was big!

Jeff said...

I actually don't think Coke (although it would have had to have been Diet Coke) and Mentos are a bad idea. However, in the CLASSROOM, we wouldn't have wanted it.

Believe me, I've done that experiment a few times, and every time, it comes out very, very sticky.

Kate said...

Yeah but it would be too messy we all decided I like doing it but still I didn't want to get sticky and the way we were going to do it would be too hard